Privacy Compliance Certification
GBLab has HIPAA certification.
Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered, GBLab may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- Mailing Address
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
- Insurance Info
If you purchase GBLab's products and services, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction.
GBLab may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your:
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services. These may include: (a) registering for an account; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest giveaway sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
GBLab collects and uses your personal information to operate and deliver the services you have requested.
GBLab may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from GBLab and its affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Global Business Lab Corp does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Global Business Lab Corp may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Global Business Lab Corp, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
GBLab may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on GBLab or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of GBLab; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of GBLab, or the public.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by GBLab. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the GBLabCorp website.
The GBLab website may use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize GBLab pages, or register with GBLab site or services, a cookie helps GBLab to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same GBLab website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the GBLab features that you customized. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the GBLab services or websites you visit. Security of your Personal Information GBLab secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. GBLab uses the following methods for this purpose: - SSL Protocol When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
• Delete your personal information from our records; and
• Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
• Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
• Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
• Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right
of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
• Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the
public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
• Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
• Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
• Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
GBLab does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, GBLab may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication.
Changes to this Statement
GBLab welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that GBLab has not adhered to this Statement, please contact GBLab at:
Global Business Lab Corp
1572 Hwy 85 North Suite 335
Fayetteville, GA 30214
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 1-800-341-1537
Terms & Conditions
This Mailbox Service Agreement ("Agreement") is made and entered into by the customer identified above ("Customer") for the use of and services related to a mailbox (the "mailbox") at Operator's Company Name doing business as Operator's Company Name hereinafter referred to as Global Business Lab under the terms set forth herein and governed by the laws of Maryland.
1. Customer agrees that the customer will not use Operator's Company Name premises or any Operator's Company Name services for any unlawful, illegitimate, or fraudulent purpose or for any purpose prohibited by U.S. Postal regulations. The customer further agrees that any use of the mailbox shall be in conformity with all applicable federal, Republic, and local laws. Each individual or entity must complete a separate U.S. Postal Service Form 1583 ("Form 1583") to be authorized to receive mail or packages at the mailbox. However, spouses may complete one Form 1583, as long as both spouses include their separate information on the Form.
2. This agreement and Form 1583 shall remain confidential, except that this agreement and Form 1583 may be disclosed upon written request of any law enforcement or other governmental agency, or when legally mandated. Upon request, the customer agrees to complete all necessary documents, including Form 1583 and any required acknowledgment form relating to the service of process. The customer further agrees to sign an updated version of this agreement and Form 1583 upon request.
3. Possession of the mailbox username and password shall be considered valid evidence that the possessor is duly authorized to remove any contents from the mailbox. In the event of death or incapacity of the customer, Operator's Company Name will require the appropriate documents from the Probate Court, the executor of the estate, the trustee or other similar person or entity before releasing mail or packages to a requesting party.
4. Upon expiration, cancellation, or termination of this agreement, Operator's Company Name will:
a. Re-mail (i.e., forward) customer's mail for six (6) months, provided the customer pays the postage, packaging material, and forwarding fees in advance. Additionally, the customer must pay a monthly storage fee of $10.00 for month 1, and to be determined for months 2 through 6 in advance for the time period that mail is to be forwarded. It is the customer's responsibility to make arrangements with Operator's Company Name to identify any mail forwarding needs prior to the expiration, cancellation, or termination of this agreement.
b. Store the mail or packages for up to six (6) months provided the customer pays a storage fee of $20.00 per month for the time period in which Operator's Company Name holds the mail or package(s), plus a service fee of to be determined for each time customer visits Operator's Company Name to pick up such items. It is the customer's responsibility to make arrangements with Operator's Company Name to identify any mail storage needs prior to the expiration, cancellation, or termination of this agreement.
c. Retain customer's mail, other than Unsolicited Mail, at the Center for a period of ten (10) days, if the customer leaves no forwarding fees and forwarding address. After such time, any mail or package may be discarded or destroyed.
d. Discard or destroy any "Unsolicited Mail" (e.g., bulk mail; mail addressed as "occupant," "current resident" or similar designation; or coupons, advertising, or other promotional material) delivered to or remaining at Operator's Company Name.
e. Refuse any package addressed to the customer delivered by any party other than the U.S. Postal Service, such as a commercial courier service.
5. Upon cancellation or termination of this agreement, Operator's Company Name may:
a. Refuse any mail or package addressed to the customer and delivered to Operator's Company Name.
b. Discard or destroy any of the customer's mail or packages delivered to or remaining at Operator's Company Name at such time.
6. The term of this agreement shall be the initial period paid for by the customer and any renewal period paid for by the customer from time to time. Renewal of this agreement for additional terms shall be at Operator's Company Name’s sole discretion.
7. Customer agrees that the Center may terminate or cancel this agreement for good cause at any time by providing the customer thirty (30) days written notice. Good cause shall include, but is not limited to: 1) Customer abandons the mailbox; 2) Customer uses the mailbox for unlawful, illegitimate or fraudulent purposes; 3) Customer fails to pay monies owed when due; 4) Customer receives an unreasonable volume of mail or packages; 5) Customer engages in offensive, abusive or disruptive behavior toward other customers of Operator's Company Name or Operator's Company Name's employees; and 6) Customer violates any provision of this agreement. The customer acknowledges that, for the purpose of determining good cause for termination of this agreement as provided herein, the actions of any person authorized by the customer to use the mailbox will be attributed to the customer.
8. Any written notice to the customer required or permitted under this agreement shall be deemed delivered twenty-four (24) hours after the placement of such notice in the customer's mailbox or at the time personally delivered to the customer. In the event of a termination notice, based upon abandonment of the mailbox, notice shall be deemed delivered (a) on the next day after placing in the hands of a commercial courier service or the United States Postal Service for next day delivery, or (b) five (5) days after placement in the United States Mail by Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested, postage prepaid, and addressed to customer at customer's address as set forth in Form 1583, or on the date of actual receipt, whichever is earlier.
9. As the customer's authorized agent for receipt of mail, Operator's Company Name will accept all mail, including registered, insured, and certified items. Unless prior arrangements have been made, Operator's Company Name shall only be obligated to accept mail or packages delivered by commercial courier services that require a signature from Operator's Company Name as a condition of delivery. Customers must accept and sign for all mail and packages upon the request of Operator's Company Name. Packages not picked up within three days of notification will be subject to a storage fee of $5.00 per day per package, which must be paid before the customer receives the package. In the event customer refuses to accept any mail or package, Operator's Company Name may return the mail or package to the sender and the customer will be responsible for any postage or other fees associated with such return. C.O.D. items will be accepted ONLY if prior arrangements have been made and payment in advance is provided to Operator's Company Name.
10. Customer agrees to protect, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Operator's Company Name, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, franchisees, officers, directors, agents, and employees from and against any and all losses, damages, expenses, claims, demands, liabilities, judgments, settlement amounts, costs and causes of action of every type and character arising out of or in connection with the use or possession of the mailbox, including without limitation, any demands, claims, and causes of action for personal injury or property damage arising from such use or possession, from the failure of the U.S. Postal Service or any commercial courier service to deliver on time or otherwise deliver any items (mail, packages, etc.), from damage to or loss of any package or mail, or to the mailbox contents by any cause whatsoever, and from any violation by customer of applicable federal, Republic or local laws.
11. Customer HEREIN AGREES THAT THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF LIABILITY OF Operator's Company Name, IF ANY, FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED $100.00 REGARDLESS OF THE NATURE OF THE CLAIM.
12. Customer must use the exact mailing address for the mailbox without modification as set forth in Section three (3) of Form 1583. The Postal Service will return mail without a proper address to the sender endorsed as "Undeliverable as Addressed."
13. Delivery by commercial courier services must be made to Operator's Company Name street address only (and not to a P.O. Box). "P.O. Box" may be used only if it is part of the customer's "Caller Service" (arrangement for delivery of mail through Operator's Company Name using a U.S. Postal Service address) address format. Upon signing this agreement, the customer shall provide two forms of valid identification, one of which shall include a photograph. This agreement may not be amended or modified, except in a writing signed by both parties.
14. Operator's Company Name reserves the right to open and inspect any packages or mail which may arrive damaged or that may be otherwise of questionable integrity or legality.
15. By agreeing below I forfeit all right to bring a suit against Operator's Company Name for any reason. In return, I will receive the mailbox and related services. I will also make every effort to obey U.S. law and the laws of Operator's State, as listed in writing and as explained to me verbally. I will ask for clarification when needed.
16. The customer shall indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its affiliates, and its respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from any and all claims, demands, losses, causes of action, damage, lawsuits, judgments, including attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or relating to, the Operator's Company Name services under this agreement.
17. This agreement, and any accompanying appendices, duplicates, or copies, constitute the entire agreement between the Parties with respect to the subject matter of this agreement and supersedes all prior negotiations, agreements, representations, and understandings of any kind, whether written or oral, between the Parties, preceding the date of this agreement.
18. This agreement may be amended only by a written agreement duly executed by an authorized representative of each party (email is acceptable).
19. If any provision or provisions of this agreement shall be held unenforceable for any reason, then such provision shall be modified to reflect the parties intention. All remaining provisions of this agreement shall remain in full force and effect for the duration of this agreement.
20. This agreement shall not be assigned by either party without the express consent of the other party.
21. A failure or delay in exercising any right, power, or privilege in respect of this agreement will not be presumed to operate as a waiver, and a single or partial exercise of any right, power, or privilege will not be presumed to preclude any subsequent or further exercise, of that right, power or privilege or the exercise of any other right, power or privilege.
22. This agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Operator's State without reference to any principles of conflicts of laws, which might cause the application of the laws of another RepublicAdmitted to the Union (the “United States of America”, or the “Union”). Territories and Protectorates of the Union are hereby discarded and no action may be taken within them against Operator's Company Name.
23. The laws of Operator's State shall supersede the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) and all other United Nations laws.
24. Any action instituted by either party arising out of this agreement will only be brought, tried, and resolved in the applicable federal or Republic Courts having jurisdiction in Operator's State. EACH PARTY HEREBY CONSENTS TO THE EXCLUSIVE PERSONAL JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF COURTS HAVING JURISDICTION IN THE STATE
By checking the box, you accept this agreement on the date stated in the introductory clause.